"A lei do amor" is a Brazilian telenovela written by Maria Adelaide Amaral and Vincent Villari for Rede Globo. It's an original story and it aired from October 4th, 2016 to March 31, 2017. The main stars are Cláudia Abreu and Reynaldo Gianecchini.
In the 1990's, Pedro and Helô are a young couple in love that come from different worlds. Pedro is the son of the rich and ambitious entrepreneur Fausto Leitão and Helô comes from a poor family; her mother Cândida suffers from terminal illness and her father Jorge is an unemployed alcoholic.
Jorge was unjustly fired from Fausto's firm and in a desperate attempt he tries to rob his boss. He gets arrested and shortly after dies in prison. Although she nurtures great love for Pedro, Helô can't forgive his father and vows to avenge him. Before she succeeds, Fausto's wife and Pedro's step-mother Magnólia breaks up the young couple thanks to her husband's secretary Suzana who seduces Pedro. After the relationship ends, Pedro leaves Brazil.
20 years later, Pedro returns to his native town and his father wants to come clean and admit that he and Magnólia separated Pedro from Helô. Helô is now married to the ambitious Tião and they have two children, Leticia and Eduardo.
On the other hand, Fausto is now feeling sorry for succeeding in his enormous business thanks to corruption and dirty political schemes. He and Suzana, who has been his lover for over 20 years, suffer a car accident which leaves Suzana dead and Fausto in a coma. The accident was ordered by an unknown man who wants to bury Fausto's business and political career.
Helô and Pedro meet again and promptly start to renew their love.
- Working titles were Sagrada familia and Lobo do amor.
- Telenovela was scheduled to premiere in March 2016. Due to the fact that one of the main themes of the show was politics, the director of Globo's television department Silvio de Abreu decided to postpone 'A lei do amor' for October of the same year when Brazilian elections came to an end.
- Giulia Gam was considered for the guest role of Suzana, however the producers decided to cast Regina Duarte and Gabriela Duarte (who in real life are mother and daughter) in two different phases of the telenovela.
- Carol Macedo, Daniel Rocha and Caio Paduan were considered for the roles of young Yara, young Augusto and young Ciro, but were later replaced with Bruna Moleiro, Hugo Bonemer and Mauricio Destri.
- Gabriel Braga Nunes, Dan Stulbach and Paulo Vilhena were considered for the role of the villain Ciro, but Thiago Lacerda ultimately won the role.
- Domingos Montagner was considered for the role of Tião, but was instead cast in 'A lei do amor's predecessor 'Velho Chico'.
- The telenovela marks Denise Fraga's return to the genre after nearly 16 years. The last telenovela she appeared was 'Uga Uga' in 2000.
- First telenovela for Isabella Santoni, Amanda Mirasci, Arianne Botelho, Bruna Moleiro, Carolina Lopez, Danilo Grangheia, Érico Brás, Gustavo Merighi, João Campos, Marjorie Bernardes, Matheus Fagundes, Paulo Lessa and Rafael Lozano.
- Renato Góes was confirmed for the role of Gustavo, a mysterious motorcycle bandit who was responsible for Suzana's death and Fausto's accident. Although the character appeared in one episode at the beginning of the telenovela, he returned only around the 50th episode. Due to the filming of another Globo's telenovela 'Os dias eram assim' in which Góes was reserved for a protagonist role, he was transferred to it and abandoned the role of Gustavo. Actor Daniel Rocha was chosen as his successor.
- Due to low ratings and some critiques that the show had to many characters, the show's authors wrote out a few characters off the show. Mauricio Machado (Nacib), Arianne Botelho (Aline), Rafael Primot (Pascoal) and Otávio Augusto (Venturini) left the telenovela at the end of 2016. Armando Babaioff (Bruno), Mônica Torres (Lia), Rafael Lozano (David) and Paulo Lessa (Marcão) were written off in January 2017.
- Actress Bruna Hamú (Camila) discoverd she was pregnant when the telenovela started airing. Due to her pregnancy, her character is scheduled to leave the show before the end of telenovela.
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Isabelle Drummond||Young Heloísa 'Helô' Martins|
|Chay Suede||Young Pedro Guedes Leitão|
|Gabriela Duarte||Young Suzana Rivera|
|Mauricio Destri||Young Ciro Noronha|
|Thiago Martins||Young Sebastião 'Tião' Bezerra|
|Sophia Abrahão||Young Vitória Costa Leitão|
|João Vítor Silva||Young Hércules Costa Leitão|
|Hugo Bonemer||Young Augusto Tavares|
|Bruna Moleiro||Young Yara Garcia|
|Théo Fernandes||Young Élio Bataglia|
|Acauã Sol||Young Misael de Oliveira|
|Arthur Barros||Young Tiago Leitão|
|Bianca Salgueiro||Carmen da Silva Leitão|
|Daniel Ribeiro||Jorge Martins|
|Denise Fraga||Cândida Martins|
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Cláudia Abreu||Heloísa 'Helô' Martins Bezerra|
|Reynaldo Gianecchini||Pedro Guedes Leitão|
|José Mayer||Sebastião 'Tião' Bezerra|
|Vera Holtz||Maria Magnólia 'Mág' Costa Leitão|
|Tarcísio Meira||Fausto Leitão|
|Isabella Santoni||Letícia Martins Bezerra|
|Humberto Carrão||Tiago Leitão|
|Alice Wegmann||Isabela Dias (Marina)|
|Camila Morgado||Vitória Costa Leitão|
|Thiago Lacerda||Ciro Noronha|
|Cláudia Raia||Salete Meloni|
|Heloísa Périssé||Mileide Rocha|
|Grazi Massafera||Luciane Almeida Leitão|
|Danilo Grangheia||Hércules Costa Leitão|
|Bruna Hamú||Camila Leitão|
|Bianca Müller||Ana Luiza Leitão|
|Otávio Augusto||César Venturini|
|Emanuelle Araújo||Yara Garcia de Oliveira|
|Tuca Andrada||Misael de Oliveira|
|Ricardo Tozzi||Augusto Tavares|
|Regiane Alves||Elisabeth 'Beth' Beltrão Tavares|
|Armando Babaioff||Bruno Pessoa|
|Ana Rosa||Zuleika 'Zuza' Pessoa|
|Daniel Rocha||Gustavo Ribeiro|
|Maria Flor||Flávia Teixeira Meloni|
|Marcella Rica||Jéssica Teixeira Meloni|
|Tato Gabus Mendes||Olavo Maciel|
|Heloisa Jorge||Laura Correia da Silva|
|Titina Medeiros||Ruty Raquel da Rocha|
|Mila Moreira||Gioconda 'Gigi' Moretto Ferrari|
|Pierre Baitelli||Antonio Ferrari|
|Regina Braga||Silvia Noronha|
|Matheus Fagundes||Eduardo 'Edu' Martins Bezerra|
|André Luiz Frambach||Junior Oliveira|
|João Campos||Elio Bataglia|
|Arianne Botelho||Aline Oliveira|
|Gabriel Chadan||Robinson Rocha|
|Raphael Ghanem||Gledson Rocha|
|Bia Montez||Leila de Oliveira|
|Érico Brás||Jader Azevedo|
|Rafael Primot||Pascoal Ferreto|
|César Mello||Father Paulo|
|Mauricio Machado||Arlindo Nacib|
|Paulo Lessa||Marcos 'Marcão' dos Santos|
|Marjorie Bernardes||Rita Oliveira|
|Jorge Lucas||Ramiro dos Santos|
|Breno de Filippo||Denilson|
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Regina Duarte||Suzana Rivera|
|Susana Ribeiro||Cidália Cardoso|
|Mônica Torres||Lia Maciel|
|Tony Ramos||Roberval Mendes|
|Marcius Melhem||Mileide's Love Interest|
|Sylbeth Soriano||Pompa Venturini|
|Ana Carolina Godoy||Young Magnólia Costa|
|Anna Rita Cerqueira||Sofia|
|Alessandro Anes||Ruty Raquel's Love Interest|
|Billy Blanco Jr.||Factory Auditor|
|Carlos Fonte Boa||Ruty Raquel's Love Interest|
|Dig Dutra||Fausto's Speech-language therapist|
|Júlio Levy||Ruty Raquel's Love Interest|
|Ramón Gonçalves||Police Inspector|