Victoria Gutierrez is introduced as a young servant working in the Iturbide's household. Juan Pablo Iturbide Montejo, the future priest, son of Octavio and Bernarda is attracted to Victoria. The attraction is mutual.
In a night, Victoria becomes pregnant with Juan Pablo's child. Bernarda is furious upon discovering Victoria's pregnancy and kicks her out of the house. Victoria finds support from her friend, Antonieta Orozco and together they find work in a sewing company, owned by Rodolfo Padilla. Victoria gives birth to a little girl and names her Maria.
Although they are poor, Victoria is nonetheless happy, but her happiness is soon interrupted. Bernarda intent on revenge, convinces herself that God has chosen her to enact his punishment on Victoria. She attempts to kill Victoria and her daughter, but instead only succeeds in separating them.
Years later, Victoria eventually succeeds in establishing a major fashion empire alongside her friend Antonieta. Victoria is happily married to Osvaldo Sandoval, a popular actor, who has two children, Maximiliano and Fernanda. Victoria seems happy with the life that she leads, but secretly suffers and is tormented by the absence of her missing daughter, Maria.
Meanwhile, Maria is now a young woman who is ready to leave the orphanage where she grew up. On her way she befriends and moves in with her two friends Linda and Nati. Maria's aspirations to be a great model lead her to the most famous designer of the moment, Victoria. But far from being a friendly boss, Victoria treats her with contempt and arrogance, especially since Maria is compared to a younger version of Victoria. Maria does not let Victoria's negative attitude affect her work, and it is in the workplace where she meets Max. Max and Maria fall in love, but their love is rejected by Victoria, and she plots with Max's ex-girlfriend and fashion model Ximena de Alba to separate the two. Will the true love triumph?
- Although a huge commercial success due to popularity of Maite Perroni and William Levy, 'Triunfo del amor' was critically panned and a ratings flop for Televisa. However, the show was still prolonged for 50 episodes due to its replacement 'Dos hogares' wasn't ready to start filming.
- Maite Perroni and William Levy repeated the main love couple for the first time since their first telenovela 'Cuidado con el ángel' in 2008.
- First episode was seen by 28,6% of Mexican viewers, the last by only 22,5%.
- Acting debut for actress Livia Brito who later rose to fame with lead roles in 'De que te quiero, te quiero' and 'Muchacha italiana viene a casarse'.
- Acting debut also for Mexican footballer Cuauhtémoc Blanco and model Dorismar. Critics panned both actors mentioning that both are terrible actors and should be written off from the show. Despite the critics, Blanco stayed throughout the whole show yet Dorismar's character was killed off in the 73rd episode.
- Mark Tacher joined the series as a handsome Alonso in the middle of the show. Cristián de la Fuente and Lenny de la Rosa were considered for the role.
- Mónica Ayos (Leonela) and Diego Olivera (Juan Pablo) are married in real life. This was their acting debut in a Televisa telenovela.
- Edith González was considered for the role of Victoria Sandoval.
- César Évora played Diego Olivera's role in Televisa's first adaptation of 'El privilegio de amar'. He joined 'Triunfo del amor' in the middle of the show as a new love interest for Ruffo's character.
- Evora is not the only actor from 'El privilegio de amar' who appeared on 'Triunfo'. Actress Helena Rojo, who potrayed Ruffo's character on 'El privilegio', appeared as herself in two episodes.
- Writer Liliana Abud abandoned the project because she was not happy with Salvador Mejia's direction of the show.
- The original writer Delia Fiallo, who wrote the script for 'Cristal', also hated this version. In an interview for a Mexican newspaper she stated that she thought Maite Perroni was wrong for the role of Maria, as she doesn't have the charisma or even height to play a model. Fiallo mentioned that she thought Adela Noriega in the previous version also lacked charisma, however at least she has the height to play a top model. The only actress she loved in the role was Jeannette Rodríguez in the original telenovela 'Cristal'. Delia Fiallo also expressed that both William Levy and Victoria Ruffo were unfit for the roles of Max and Victoria.
- Actor Osvaldo Ríos was fired on the last day of shooting when his ex-girlfriend Kassiana Rosso accused him of beating her. Rios' character only appears in the first minutes of the last episode and his absence was explained as his character moved to Spain.
- Daniela Romo, César Évora and Livia Brito all won TVyNovelas Awards for their performances.
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Maite Perroni||María Desamparada (María Iturbide Gutiérrez)|
|William Levy||Maximiliano 'Max' Sandoval Montenegro|
|Victoria Ruffo||Victoria Gutiérrez de Sandoval|
|Daniela Romo||Bernarda Montejo de Iturbide|
|Diego Olivera||Father Juan Pablo Iturbide Montejo|
|Osvaldo Ríos||Osvaldo Sandoval|
|Livia Brito||Fernanda Sandoval Gutiérrez|
|Erika Buenfil||Antonieta Orozco|
|Susana Diazayas||Nati Duval|
|Carmen Salinas||Milagros Robles de Martínez|
|Dominika Paleta||Ximena de Alba|
|Guillermo García Cantú||Guillermo Quintana|
|Pablo Montero||Cruz Robles Martínez|
|Manuel 'Flaco' Ibáñez||Napoleón Bravo|
|Miguel Pizarro||Pipino Pichoni|
|Cuauhtémoc Blanco||Juan José 'Juanjo'|
|Marco Méndez||Fabián Duarte|
|Pilar Pellicer||Eva Grez|
|Juan Carlos Franzoni||Fausto Candela|
|Ursula Prats||Roxana de Alba|
|Mónica Ayos||Leonela Montenegro|
|Salvador Pineda||Rodolfo Padilla|
|Mark Tacher||Alonso del Ángel|
|Gustavo Rojo||Father Jeronimo|
|César Évora||Dr. Heriberto Ríos|
|Luis Manuel Ávila||Lucciano Ferreti|
|Sergio Acosta||El Alacrán|
|Julio Vega||Joel de Cervantes|
|Paulina de Labra||Lorena|
|Maricruz Nájera||Tomasa Hernández|
|Radamés de Jesús||Domingo|
|Mauricio García Muela||Federico Padilla|
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Eduardo Santamarina||Octavio Iturbide|
|Mariana Rios||María Magdalena|
|Vicente Fernandez Jr.||Chente|
|Andrea García||Ofelia García|
|Thelma Dorantes||Rocío Valladolid|
|María del Carmen Duarte||Micaela|
|Lourdes Munguía||Marcela de Rios|
|Lenny de la Rosa||Joaquín|
|Sergio Mariano||Young Actor|
|Ana Isabel Torre||Model|
|Rafael del Villar||Fernanda's Therapist|
|Pietro Vannucci||Max's Trainer|
|Adriana Rojo||Mother Superior|