"Zacatillo, un lugar en tu corazón" is a Mexican telenovela produced by Lucero Suárez for Televisa. It's an original story written by the deceased writer Pedro Pablo Quintanilla in 2000, but was adapted 10 years after his death. The main stars are Ingrid Martz and Jorge Aravena.
Karla Abreu is a young and famous singer and actress. However, she feels her career is not going to the direction she wants and laments that to her manager Miriam. Miriam's ambition has no limits and she decides to kill Karla and rob all of her money. Due to professional appointment, Karla travels to a small village called Zacatillo. Miriam's hired assassins try to kill her there, but fail. Knowing that she is in grave danger, Karla decides to stay in Zacatillo and pass as Sara Villegas, Karla's distant cousin.
Since nobody suspects that Karla is alive, villagers all receive Sara with open arms. However, Karla meets again with Gabriel Zárate, a simple man who already met 'Sara' as Karla when she first came to the village. They fall in love although Gabriel doesn't suspect that Karla and Sara are the same person. Gabriel's former lover Adriana tries to separate them, but the real trouble starts when Miriam and her lover Fernando come to Zacatillo to film a biographic picture about Karla Abreu's life in which she is depicted as a frivolous and egoistical woman.
- Working titles for the telenovela were 'Sucedió en Zacatillo' and 'Zacatillo, mi amor'.
- Pedro Pablo Quintanilla, the show's original creator wrote the story in 2000. However, he passed away from cancer shortly after he gave the script to Lucero Suárez. She finished the script in 2010 along with new script writers.
- Although it wasn't exactly a ratings success, the show got a lot of praise from critics and viewers. Among the fan favorites were the main couple, played by Ingrid Martz and Jorge Aravena, the villainous Miriam played by veteran actress Laura Zapata and the hilarious Zorayda played by Patricia Navidad.
- First protagonist role for Ingrid Martz and first protagonist role in a Televisa telenovela for Jorge Aravena.
- Adriana Fonseca, Altair Jarabo, Carmen Becerra, Angelique Boyer, Elizabeth Álvarez, Margarita Magaña and Michelle Ramaglia were considered for the main female role.
- Ingrid Martz turned down the main villain role in Televisa's 'Mi pecado' due to this role.
- First episode was viewed by 20% Mexican viewers, the last episode by 18,4 %.
- Helena Rojo and Silvia Pasquel were considered for the role of Miriam, played by Laura Zapata.
- 'Zacatillo' was nominated in five categories at TVyNovelas Awards but didn't win any.
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Ingrid Martz||Karla Abreu Campos de Zárate (Sara Villegas)|
|Jorge Aravena||Gabriel Zárate Moreno|
|Laura Zapata||Miriam Solorzano de Gálvez|
|Carmen Becerra||Adriana Pérez-Cotapo Echevarría|
|Patricia Navidad||Zorayda Dumont de Zárate|
|Alejandro Ibarra||Alejandro Sandoval|
|Arath de la Torre||Carretino Carretas (Gino Capuccino)|
|José Carlos Femat||Alan Landeta|
|Miguel Ángel Biaggio||Fernando Gálvez|
|Arleth Terán||Hortensia 'Tencha' de Carretas|
|Héctor Ortega||Abundio Zárate|
|Mariana Karr||Rosa Echevarría de Pérez-Cotapo|
|María Alicia Delgado||Alicia 'Lichita' López y López|
|Beatriz Moreno||Josefa 'Pepita' López y López de Boturini|
|Gaby Mellado||Guadalupe 'Lupita' Treviño|
|Yago Muñoz||Elisandro 'Eli' de Jesús Zárate Dumont|
|Sheyla||Cleodomira 'La Chata' Rivadeneira|
|Christina Pastor||Sara Villegas Campos|
|Emilia Carranza||Martha Moreno de Zárate|
|Sharis Cid||Paulina Torres|
|Adalberto Parra||Lorenzo Boturini|
|Rubén Cerda||Father Nemesio|
|Benjamín Rivero||Gustavo Vélez|
|Juan Peláez||Augusto Cienfuegos|
|Jorge Ortín||Porfirio Acosta|
|Haydeé Navarra||Patricia Soria|
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Patricia Reyes Spíndola||Fredesvinda Carretas|
|Manuel "Flaco" Ibáñez||Profundo Isimo|
|María Prado||'La Bruja'|
|Lourdes Canale||Mother Superior|